Bed Bug Pest Control
Bed bugs have become a serious problem throughout North America. They are challenging to get rid of and control because of their ability to survive long periods of time without feeding, Arizona Organic Pest & Termite Control has devised effective bed bug pest control techniques that eliminate a bed bug infestation from your home or commercial property.
Bed Bug Hiding Places
A thorough inspection of a property is necessary in order for bed bug pest control management to be effective. Habitats include mattress seams, bed frames, headboards, baseboards and carpet edges. Cracks and crevices, upholstered furniture and particularly any area used for sleeping are also potential hiding places for bed bugs.
What Do Bed Bugs Look Like?
Bed bugs are oval shaped and cannot fly. With blood as their sole food source, bites may be painless but often cause uncomfortable skin irritations, excessive itching and complications with allergies. Many report difficulties with stress, anxiety and insomnia due to the presence of bed bugs.
How Do Bedbugs Enter a Location?
Bed Bugs are most frequently transferred into the home or workplace through luggage and other items that have become infested at hotels, motels and other hospitality locations during travel. Bed bugs can also be brought into your property via used bedding, furniture and clothing.
Common Signs of a Bed Bug Infestation Include:
- Blood or rust colored stains on bed sheets and pillow cases
- Powdery fecal matter found in crevices throughout your home or commercial property
- Persistent musty odor
How to Avoid Bed Bugs While Travelling
- Do not put your clothing or suitcase directly on the hotel bed
- Keep luggage off the ground
- Use metal luggage racks
- Look for bed bugs all the way around and under the mattress
- Check bed linens and headboards for bloodstains or fecal matter
Bed Bug Pest Control Tips:
- Consistent vacuuming and steam cleaning of carpets.
- Clothing and bedding can be placed in the dryer on the highest heat setting for at least 15 min.
- Purchase a bed bug proof cover for your mattress.
To learn more about bed bug pest control, contact a Arizona Organic Pest & Termite Control specialist for a free assessment.
When you partner with Arizona Organic Pest & Termite Control, you will benefit from the years of experience of licensed pest control professionals. What’s more is that we use environmentally-sound treatment methods, which means you can feel confident knowing that no harsh chemicals are being used throughout your home. If you are looking to speak with a professional about a possible pest infestation, do not hesitate to get in touch with us. We will be there as soon as we can to assist you.